Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Sept 9, 2009

As most of you know by now, we lost Grandpa Gary on July 31st. The cancer just could not be contained. He never said "why me" and he never complained. He just said "what is, is."

The Hatch family handled the services for him almost without help. Program, music and a great Hatch Feast afterwards. The number of people who came to pay their respects was remarkable. We took him home to Taylor for the services and for burial. His grave is by Trapper's and three of his other brothers and two sisters, the Hatch parents, grandparents, great grandparents, uncles and cousins are all very near. Somehow that is a comforting thought.
We have asked anyone who has stories to tell about Gary please send them to Jo Ann and we will put them together with his life story. We feel it is something worth preserving.

2 comments:

Kyson and Kodi said...

GM, not a day goes by that I don't miss grandpa and think why him. We have all lost a great anchor in our life and hope and pray that we can stay grounded without him. I take comfort in the thought that he now probably has better ways to helps us through our trials. I love you and him very much. I am working on something on my blog in for Gp it is just taking me a while. Love ya

The Motts said...

kodi said it perfect. i miss him so much. is it weird i take comfort in a headboard? having a piece of my memorys with him hanging above my head is comforting. i would do anything if we could have one last cook out with him, its nice to know we'll be seeing him again. i love you grandma!